The Great Indian Two-Wheeler Market
India’s two-wheeler industry is set to record its fastest growth in at least five years in fiscal 2017, boosted by plentiful monsoon rains that invigorated the key rural market and higher spending expected in cities because of a salary hike to government staff.
17.7 million two-wheelers were sold in India last year, while China trailed at 16.8 million units.
The growth factors are
- The massive government spending in rural programmes and large road-construction projects is leading to a pick-up in volumes in smaller towns and villages.
- Easier finance options
- Newer and more fuel-efficient models
- Rising incomes
- New business models, such as e-commerce, also help purchases.
- In metros and the larger cities, the sales are also being aided by the choked infrastructure.
The Market vibe:
- Industry officials say that the market will continue to grow over the next few years by an estimated 9-11% over the coming years.
- The growth is not only being led by commuter vehicles, but even larger and expensive two-wheelers are being sold in good numbers.
- High end premium bikes have become more attractive and currently witnessing terrific growth in their sales across Metros. And they are upping their product portfolio with the growing exposure in India.
- Chennai and Coimbatore has always been good ‘two-wheeler’ markets with great demand.
Taking advantage of the terrific market conditions, i ads & events in association with The Hindu Tamil launches a prestigious event – BIKING INDIA EXPO 2018 in Chennai and Coimbatore.
The Expo dates in Chennai are 14,15,16 January 2018 and Coimbatore are 2,3,4 March 2018.